Monday 12 December 2011

No Bra With That Blouse It's So Necessary, No Panties And Jeans It's So Necessary, Now Why You Frontin' On Me Is That Necessary??...

'Ello, 'ello, 'ello!!! 
Today i'm going to tell you a hairytale about my braids... 

Once upon a time this week- I started trying to find new ways to style my braids... As much as I like them hanging down on their own, my appetite for change got me thinking about buns... Thought  a nice twisted bun would look good and I set about twisting, tying and frantically clipping... But alas no, it wasn't meant to be!!... My braids are just too long and thick. With each attempt I just looked a little more like I was growing a tumour on my head. So I changed tact, still in keeping with the updo theme and i'm quite happy with the results... 

My day 1 attempt was a little sloppy (pic below)- I sorta just wanted all my hair to stay secure on the top of my head... 


But day 2 I managed a nice structured twisted look, feels quite '80s, looks sorta like a hair hat, isn't heavy, takes about 3 minutes to do, doesn't pull and all it requires is a hairband and a few bobby pins to stay quite secure all day- long as you don't start dancin' to Whip My Hair!!...


























And because this was a rather grumpy-faced tale, even for me...

  • Lace bodysuit- Ebay
  • Leather shorts- Topshop


  • Lace top- Forever 21
  • PVC skirt- Ebay
  • Levi's denim jacket- Found it upstairs
  • Tights- Primarni
  • Boots- Borrowed, Topshop
  • Hairband- Primarni
  • Earring- Borrowed, thrifted


  • Lips- Illamasque in Blaze
  • Cheeks- Illamasque blusher
  • Eyes- Maybelline gel eyeliner

... And everyone lived happily ever after- The End.

So what d'you make of my twisted do??... Is it a do or a don't??? lololol, i'm hilarious I know.

Toodles to you bitches xx
(Photos by Arsema)

(P.S. Title = Lyrics to 'Change Clothes' by Jay-Z)

22 comments:

  1. YAAAAAASSSSSS!!! lol Too fierce, I love it!!!

    Editor & Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin your lipstick! And that denim jacket is so awesome, rihanna-esque! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the lipstick 2 it looks good on you

      Delete
  3. SICK!!!
    OMG, SO gonna try this.

    J x
    www.jjnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1st those lyrics define my life except ofcourse that whole fronting bit
    2ndly you have got me lusting after redoing my braids like stat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hair is so versatile I love it
    www.everythingandsomemore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep. Looking fly as always.x
    http://ash-lillyslacquerlust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! esp the lip color/earring combo.

    www.passionsontopofpassions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the hairstyle!! & love that jacket

    xoxo
    MissCrystal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Change clothes, and go. Havent heard that one in a while. Oh my, I love what you've done with your hair, so unique. If all women put as much effort into their hair as you do, the world would be a happier place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great hairtstyle and love your top. pretty :)

    http://thepastimebliss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. great story and I am glad to see the return of the braids.

    texturetexture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that red of your lipstick!!!!
    New outfit on my blog, tell me if you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. VERY NICE!!!! I LOVE YOU HAIR HAT!!!!!!! I've done a really cool photo shoot for my blog!!!! please visit me and check it out :)
    Chari T (deep fried stilettos)

    ReplyDelete
  14. woooow your are soooo beautiful

    i like your style


    follow me
    LaMooonda.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey,

    Seen you pop up a few times on 'I LOVE Box Braids!' and just wanted to say that I love your blog and sense of style. Noticed that you live in London too which is cool :) Your braids are amazing, and you're really rocking the half shaved head look. I was just wondering who does your hair for you???x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are GORGEOUS !
    xx
    http://titepommezstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. so cool girl... love your blog...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow just found your blog and i am in love with ur style and hair!!!great look

    imancoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you bitches!! xxxx