Thursday 15 March 2012

Turn Down The Lights, Turn Down The Bed, Turn Down These Voices Inside My Head...

What a day yesterday was!!!... I tried to do my first studio shoot at my friend's uni and well, it just didn't go to plan...

  1. Thanks to my running on Black Time, we arrived at the studios 40 minutes late. The technicians were less than impressed and had given our studio to some lanky group of guys so we ended up having to work in an inferior studio...
  2.  I insisted on having a black background cos you always see studio shots with white backgrounds and I wanted to do something different. Mistake- black hair, black hold-ups and black shoes don't exactly work well against a black background.
  3. We didn't have time to get the lighting right so my skin tone isn't right either (too light in these pics)...

In fact, there were so many problems i'm not even gonna continue rambling on with this list. I'm sure if you're bothering to read this you can sense my frustration. Basically in the end we had less than 30 minutes to actually shoot- against a background that was camouflaging half of my outfit...





I feel like if I had a daytime TV show, this would be the publicity shot, smh...







  • Lace top- Forever 21
  • Sheer skirt- Primarni & DIY
  • Floral shoes- Forever 21
  • Shorts- Cow & DIY
  • Hold ups- Primarni
  • Brogues- Primarni
  • Both sets of earrings- http://www.etsy.com/shop/1menaturally - MORE ON THESE FAB EARRINGS IN A LATER POST!! 


  • Lips- Illamasque lipstick in Pristine

... So yeah, working the gormless/cheesy look like a pro. The only thing I like is how my lace top photographed. Can't say i'm a fan of the studio experience but i'll probably give it another go...

The moral of the story is, whatever your racial background, leave Black Time for church events and going to the gym.

Toodles to you bitches xx

(P.S. Title = Lyrics to 'I Can't Make You Love Me' by Bonnie Raitt)

5 comments:

  1. Haha this post is hilarious! don't worry something ALWAYS goes wrong with studio set ups (lighting's a bitch) or shoots, ALWAYS atleast you got some decent shots out of it in the end!
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photoshoot! *_*
    You are soooo pretty <3 I especially love the second outfit ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving all these looks on you hun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you bitches!! xxxx